As part of ANAC2022 conference, we held an advocacy and policy workshop to provide resources, scripts and action steps to be an advocate in your community.
Download the Advocacy Toolkit that includes definitions of types of advocacy, who to target, different approaches and sample letters
Other ways to get involved.
1. Join the listservs of featured national organizations that may be addressing issues in targeted areas and your area. Join in their action alerts.
2. Sign on to our letter to the Governors’ Association, Majority/Minority leaders of Congress & HHS Secretary Becerra here. It leverages the power of nurses to call for:
- Full LGBTQ rights & access to quality healthcare for all LGBTQ individuals of all ages.
- Full reproductive rights and reproductive health care for all women and girls.
- Equitable access to preventative & health care services that address the racial and geographic inequities in health outcomes
- Voter rights & protections
- Modernization of outdated HIV Criminalization laws and policies
- Full funding for HIV prevention, care & treatment and research in federal and state budgets.