Associate Editor (Remote)
Journal of the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care (JANAC)
The Journal of the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care (JANAC) is a highly regarded, peer reviewed, interdisciplinary journal with global impact. In 2021, JANAC had an impact factor of 1.809 – the highest impact factor in the journal’s history. In 2019, JANAC celebrated its 30th year of publication. JANAC (ISSN: 1055-3290) is included in Index Medicus, MEDLINE, CINAHL, Social Sciences Citation Index, and the Science Citation Index Expanded. JANAC is also included in the following abstracting services: Scopus, MEDLINE/PubMed, EBSCO, Expanded Science Citation Index, IBZ (International Bibliography of Periodical Literature on the Humanities and Social Sciences), International Nursing Index, and PsychINFO. JANAC functions according to the highest standards of ethical publishing practices and offers innovative publication options, including Open Access and pre-publication article posting, where the journal can post articles online before they are published in a print issue.
JANAC is the official journal of the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care (ANAC).
- Michael V. Relf, PhD, RN, AACRN, ACNS-BC, CNE, ANEF, FAAN, is the Editor-in-Chief,.
- Allison Webel, PhD, RN, FAAN, is the Deputy Editor,
- S. Raquel Ramos, PhD, PhD, MBA, MSN, FNP-BC, is an Associate Editor,
- Susan Silva, PhD, is an Associate Editor,
- Lauren Holt, MSN, RN, is the Assist Editor, and
- Adam Gordon, BA, is the Managing Editor.
The Associate Editors of JANAC collaborate with the Editor-in-Chief, the Deputy Editor, the Managing Editor, the Editorial Board, and the Publisher, to develop journal content, policy, and a strategic plan to ensure a professional, relevant, publication. The Associate Editors
- contribute to the pre-screening review of all manuscripts submitted to JANAC;
- represent JANAC at local, national, and international meetings as directed by the Editor-in-Chief; and
- participate in other journal-related activities as directed by the Editor-in-Chief.
The initial appointment is for a 2-year term, which can be renewed. The JANAC Editor-in-Chief will evaluate the Associate Editor after 12 months to assess contributions and discuss changes in the position description. The position includes a stipend and support for required travel/conferences.
JANAC is recruiting one associate editor. International individuals and individuals underrepresented in scientific publishing are encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate for the position of Associate Editor will:
(a) be a recognized leader in HIV-related academic and research achievements,
(b) have an earned advanced degree in nursing or other health-related subject with preference given to candidates with a doctoral degree, and
(c) experience as an author and peer reviewer with JANAC.
Candidates with current or prior service on an editorial board, have served as a guest editor for a special/topical issue, or have served as a JANAC Editorial Intern will be prioritized.
The ideal candidates will demonstrate a(n):
- solid professional standing,
- breadth and depth of knowledge related to HIV nursing,
- sound scientific judgment,
- strong publication history,
- excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- ability to work under the pressure of deadlines,
- ability to assess the quality of quantitative, qualitative, and mixed method research papers,
- knowledge of or ability to learn manuscript publication processes,
- knowledge of or ability to learn online manuscript management systems,
- knowledge of or willingness to learn about publication ethics,
- working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook/Email, PowerPoint),
- editing expertise using APA formatting and the JANAC Style Guide, and
- connection to the wider HIV health care community from which papers are recruited.
The Associate Editor participates in activities associated with editorial review and the journal’s strategic vision and operational management. The specific duties generally include the following:
- Contributes to pre-screen decisions for all manuscripts submitted to JANAC.
- Participates in monthly journal editorial management calls (1 hours).
- Participates in quarterly journal operational and visioning calls (1.5 hours).
- Participates in bi-annual JANAC Editorial Board meetings.
- Provides technical assistance to 1-2 authors annually in the development and editing of a manuscript.
- Contributes to editorials, as invited.
- In collaboration with the Editor-in-Chief, Deputy Editor, the other Associate Editors, and the Managing Editor - develops abstracts for presentations at conferences related to publishing, editing, and professional/scientific writing.
- Supports overall journal management by soliciting manuscripts and peer reviewers.
- Serves as an ambassador for JANAC at local, national, and international meetings.
- Joins the International Academy of Nurse Editors (INANE; www.nursingeditors.com) and attends INANE annual conferences, as possible.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested by the Editor-in-Chief.
Interested applicants should include a curriculum vitae and a letter outlining how the applicant, as the JANAC Associate Editor, would contribute to the mission, management, and prestige of the journal. Shortlisted candidates will be notified by email of the next steps in the appointment decision process. Applications should be submitted by 5 pm (Eastern time) on or before Friday, 19 August 2022 to the Editor-in-Chief, Michael Relf at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tele-PrEP Provider (Remote)
Q Care Plus
Q Care Plus provides quality, stigma-free care to individuals to patients through community partnerships and technology. As Q Care Plus expands, so does the need for quality providers. Q Care Plus providers are multi-state licensed and focus primarily on sexual wellness and PrEP. Prescribers complete virtual visits with patients through Q Care Plus's technology and provide convenient lab options including at-home labs.
Work from home to join Q Care Plus's team consisting of a diverse group of prescribers. Many state licenses are needed to support our tremendous growth. Q Care Plus will work with providers to increase acquired state licenses.
**Spanish speaking providers are a plus
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides in-depth health counseling and guidance in the preventative of disease and the maintenance of health
- Examines, evaluates and treats individuals using professional medical decision making
- Knowledge and experience treating HIV, STIs, PrEP, PEP and nPEP
- Assess the physical, social and mental health needs of individuals and interprets the information collected to define and implement a health care plan
- Works with other health care providers and community agencies to coordinate services and promote a comprehensive system of health care delivery
- Providers orientation and education to professional and support staff assigned to the special service area
- Performs physical assessments of patients via tele-health platforms
- Coordinates care and follow-up/or referrals
- Collects, orders, and interprets laboratory and screening test
- Maintains accurate and current records in the EMR
- Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
- Job Requirements:
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Board certification from a National Certifying Body (American Nurses Credentialing Center or American Academy of Nurses)
- Current Basic Life Support certification
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of nursing and health care delivery at the Nurse Practitioner level
- Knowledge of medical screening techniques and procedures
- Knowledge of physical assessment techniques and normal and abnormal physical findings
- Knowledge of quality assurance theories, practices and procedures
- Knowledge of professional nursing practices and procedures
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to interpret laboratory test findings
- Ability to perform physical assessments and interpret results
- Ability to practice as a Nurse Practitioner
- Ability to collect, organize and record patient data
- Ability to develop and conduct instructional programs
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with personnel
Apply by emailing email@example.com.
Nurse Practitioner, Clinical Coordinator (New York, NY)
ICAP at Columbia
Under the supervision of the Site Leader, the Clinical Coordinator (NP) will screen prospective participant’s study eligibility, obtain informed consents, obtain medical histories and conduct physical examinations of all screened and enrolled study participants; write and sign study medication prescriptions and corresponding New York State prescriptions; administer infusion therapy; assess symptoms and medication side effects; and review laboratory results and assess reported adverse events related to study participation in an HIV Prevention Trials Network study. S/he will be responsible for the collection, documentation and completion of study related case report forms in compliance with the study protocol and study specific procedures.
- Conduct all research activities in accordance with study protocol, standard operating procedures and other appropriate institutional regulations, procedures, and policies, including procedures to safeguard confidentiality of study participants.- 5%
- Perform the consent process and obtain the signed informed consent prior to initiating any protocol defined procedures.- 10%
- Obtain medical histories and conduct physical examinations with assessment for symptoms of all screened and enrolled study participants in accordance with protocol requirements.- 15%
- Administer infusion therapy, vaccinate, and perform other protocol defined procedures including but not limited to, vital signs, rapid HIV test, phlebotomy etc., and maintain the sites’ emergency cart. - 10%
- Complete study related case report forms and source documentation as per protocol guidelines.- 10%
- Review all screening laboratory results to determine participant’s study eligibility.- 10%
- Review all study visit laboratory results and assess reported symptoms and other adverse events to determine relatedness to study drug.- 10%
- Write and sign study-specific prescriptions and corresponding New York state prescriptions for the study drug used.- 10%
- Participate in quality assurance activities in collaboration with the site’s Data Manager and the network’s Statistical and Data Management Center. - 5%
- Maintain timely, accurate, comprehensive study records and source documentation.- 5%
- Attend clinical trial network meetings in Washington D.C. and Seattle, WA and other study-related meetings and trainings as requested by site leadership.- 5%
- Perform other related duties as assigned.- 5%
- Required a Bachelor's degree or equivalent to education, training and experience
- Current New York State NP license
- 4 years of related experience (with at least 2-3 years’ experience as a Nurse Practitioner)
- Previous experience in working with LGBTQ populations
- BLS or ACLS (or both) certified
- Infusion therapy training or experience
- Phlebotomy training and experience
- Excellent clinical, organizational, time management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to adapt to flexible schedule
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Master’s degree in Nursing and is a graduate from an accredited nurse practitioner
- Experience in research involving human subjects, preferably with HIV/AIDS trials
- An interest in/or experience with community health and or men’s health and transgender persons
- Experience working with an ethnically, culturally and racially diverse environment
- No international travel required
LPN (New York, NY)
AIDS Healthcare Foundation
AMAZING INDIVIDUALS WORKING FOR POSITIVE PEOPLE at AIDS Healthcare Foundation! Does the idea of doing something that really makes a difference in people’s lives while being well-compensated intrigue you? Are you looking to work for an organization that encourages growth and success from each and every one of its employees? If so, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the place for you!
Founded in 1987, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the largest specialized provider of HIV/AIDS medical care in the nation. Our mission is to provide cutting edge medicine and advocacy, regardless of ability to pay. Through our healthcare centers, pharmacies, health plan, research and other activities, AHF provides access to the latest HIV treatments for all who need them.
AHF’s core values are to be:
- Value Employees
- Respect for Diversity
- Fight for What’s Right
Pay Range $30 - $35 / Hr. – willing to negotiate on experience. + Benefits (Competitive paid time off, 401K match, tuition reimbursement, medical, dental, vision insurance & more!)
352 7th Ave. Suite 1205
New York, New York 10001
STILL INTERESTED? Please continue!
As a member of the nursing team, the LPN, is responsible for integrating and projecting AHF’s mission and core values of the organization. Within the duties, the LPN, is responsible for satisfactory patient/customer service by monitoring patient timelines, evaluating and improving the quality of patient care in the Healthcare Centers, as well as, documenting services performed for compliance and reporting purposes.
AHF values a nursing environment that is collaborative and education is promoted and achieved. By being a team player, through good interpersonal relations and communication with staff, the LPN will help enhance patient care and clinical practice. The LPN collaborates with other staff, MA, Nurse Manager and Medical Director and participates as a team to implement strategic measures allowing better functioning HCCs.
The LPN adds consistent value to the Healthcare Center Team by balancing effective and efficient nursing care and working relationships with other clinical disciplines.
We at AIDS Healthcare Foundation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Outpatient Nurse (Oakland, CA)
Alameda Health System
Outpatient Nurse, FT, Varies, 8hrs, Bi-lingual Spanish pref., HIV experience pref.
SUMMARY: Under direction, Ambulatory Care Nurses perform professional nursing duties for outpatient clinical areas; treat and educate patients, their families and the public regarding various medical conditions; record medical histories and symptoms; perform diagnostic tests and analyze results; operate medical equipment; administer treatment and medications; make assessments and create a plan of care; perform care coordination and case management; participate actively in the team-based care model; provide lead direction to other nursing and paraprofessional personnel and perform other duties as assigned and required by the assigned clinical setting.
**HIV experience preferred, Bi-Lingual in Spanish is preferred
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
- Organizes, supervises, makes adjustments and accepts responsibility for the quality of care provided patients and families by co-workers for a given work period; responsibility as a team leader when assigned.
- Participates in the implementation of patient care standards, infection control standards and quality assurance criteria; assist with conducting studies; participates in unit and other meetings.
- Provides patient-centered care that is respectful of, and responsive to, individual patient preferences, needs and values. Provides and promotes excellence in customer service for both internal and external customers.
- Collaborates with patients and other healthcare providers to deliver coordinated, high quality care.
- Performs nursing care following prescribed roles, policies, protocols and procedures.
- Complete patient assessments and triage, record patient histories, symptoms and observations.
- Clinical skills include but are not limited to: vital signs, provide wound care, performs catheterization, Point of Care Testing and phlebotomy.
- Provides clinical support, care coordination and direct case management including patient education, goal setting, self-management teaching and coaching.
- Effectively utilizes population health methodologies such as patient registry, inreach, outreach, care protocols and team-based care to improve patient and population outcomes
- Provides care coordination of patient-centered care, based on evidence-based guidelines; coordination based on patients’ health care needs and treatment recommendations to establish and maintain a plan of care jointly created and managed by patient, family and care team.
- Administers medications, immunizations, performs medication reconciliation. Titrates medications/manages refills per clinical guidelines.
- Performs accurate assessment of patient conditions (face to face or through telehealth) and utilizes guidelines or standardized procedures to create an effective plan of care.
- Critically evaluates and uses good judgment in unusual or emergent situations.
- Participates in Performance Improvement/Quality Control activities.
- Ability to empathize with vulnerable populations and underserved patients.
Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher.
**HIV experience preferred, Bi-Lingual in Spanish is preferred
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
- Required Education: Graduate of an accredited Registered Nursing Program
- Preferred experience: Six months of fulltime recent experience as an RN in a comparable area of specialty; current experience of at least 2 years as an LVN practicing in the ambulatory clinics at Alameda Health System may substitute for six months fulltime recent experience as an RN.
- Required Licenses/Certifications: Valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of California.
- Required Licenses/Certifications: BLS - Basic Life Support Certification issued by the American Heart Association.
- Required Licenses/Certifications: Provide existing (or obtain new, if needed) NPI number
- Preferred Licenses/Certifications: Certification in area of specialty
Advertise job opportunities with ANAC
If you have a position available, advertise here and reach over 25,000 users who hit ANAC's website each month:
- Classified advertising rates are $1.00 per word with a $50.00 minimum charge.
- Ads are posted within one to five business days of receipt of payment in full for the cost of the ad, and remain posted on the site for 60 days. For an additional $100, ANAC will add your job announcement to our Group Emails (dist. 1,800).
- If paying by credit card, please allow seven to ten days for posting from the date ANAC receives your payment.
- Ad copy must be sent electronically to Erin in a word processing document (such as Word). Once the ad is received electronically, ANAC will contact you within three business days to advise you of the cost of your ad.You must provide a valid e-mail address or phone number so that we may contact you.
- You may pay for your ad by credit card, check or money order in U.S. funds. Do not send credit card information in the e-mail. Contact ANAC by telephone at 800-260-6780 or (330) 670-0101, or at our address,11230 Cleveland Ave NW #986, Uniontown, OH 44685, or email questions to Erin.