ANAC announces calls for submissions annually for the following funding opportunities and awards of recognition for our members. Sign up for our newsletters to be notified when opportunities are available.
Apply for funding from the ANAC grant opportunities below to advance your professional development or support your research in HIV or a HIV-related field.
- Sigma Theta Tau/ANAC research grant - Applications for 2021 are no longer being accepted. Please check back in early 2022 for more information. This grant is intended to strengthen and encourage research career development of nurses through support of clinically oriented HIV/AIDS research and to increase the number of HIV studies being done by nurses.
- American Nursing Foundation/ANAC research grant - Opening soon.
ANAC recognizes excellence and achievement in a variety of areas, including clinical practice, leadership, research, education and prevention. Honor a member by nominating them for one of the award opportunities below. Read descriptions of each award. Nominations are closed for 2021.
- Joanne Ruiz Achievement Award for Excellence in HIV Nursing Practice
- Frank Lamendola Achievement Award for Nursing Leadership in HIV Care
- Research/Impact Award
- HIV Educator Distinguished Service Award
- Lucy Bradley-Springer Excellence in HIV Prevention Award
- Chapter Recognition Award -
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Student Fellowship
- HANCB Dr. Patrick Kenny Certified Nurse of the Year
- Excellence in Global HIV Nursing Award - Nominations are currently closed.
The following awards are chosen by an individual or group and are not open to nominations.
- Richard L. Sowell JANAC Article of the Year Award
- Outstanding JANAC reviewer
- Student Poster Research Award
- ANAC President's Award
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Public Service Award
- Helen Miramontes Advocacy Award
View the 2020 award winners.