Global HIV Nursing Committee
To identify and respond to the diverse issues of the global HIV/AIDS nursing workforce which impact health care delivery
- Establish a strong ANAC presence in the constituency of health professionals working in global HIV/AIDS prevention, care, and treatment
- Advocate for safe, effective and adequately resourced environments for nursing colleagues working in HIV/AIDS care, particularly those in resource-limited settings
- Collaborate with international colleagues to advocate for and develop evidence based policies and guidance which ensure high quality patient centered care, building on nurse-led models of care and effective use of interdisciplinary health care teams.
- Serve as a thought leader that effectively uses research to inform health policy and guidance at the country, regional and global level
- Create a platform to support and engage expert ANAC constituents able to lead improvements in clinical and research capacity of nurses in resource-limited settings
If you would like to inquire about expert resources through the committee in a particular area (e.g. training, clinical support, curriculum development) or within specific countries or regions, complete the request form here.
Committee co-chairs: Deb Winters and Carmen Portillo
Committee members: Abigail Kazembe, Susan Michaels-Strasser, Sue Willard, Jicky Mathew, Dina Patel, Carolyn Nganga-Good, Prof. Ijeoma Okoronkwo, Emily Comstock
Board liaison: Stephen Perez
This committee meets by conference call at least quarterly and gathers in committee at the annual conference.