Address cultural and ethnic diversity in HIV/AIDS disease, treatment and care; assist the organization to effectively meet the goals and address the needs of its racial/ethnic minority membership; and implement ANAC's core values of advocacy, collaboration, diversity, knowledge and support while embracing cultural diversity and cultural competency.
- Ensure diversity and inclusion throughout ANAC in the areas of research, education and clinical practice
- Assist the board of directors in identifying concerns and issues of ANAC’s racial/ethnic minority membership
- Recruit more racial/ethnic minority nurses into the association
- Solicit nominations for the Diversity Mentoring Scholarship of racial/ethnic minority nursing students who desire to work in this area after graduation
- Serve as consultants on the development and implementation of a minority mentoring initiative
There is a monthly time commitment of at least 1-2 hours. The committee meets by conference call quarterly and gathers in committee at the annual conference.
Committee chair: Crystal Chapman Lambert
Members: Mary Crymes, Erik Fenkl, Melissa Watkins, Diane Clements-Walton, Thomas Walton, Steven Simpkins, Sheldon Fields, Angela Williams
Board liaison: Marik Moen, ANAC Staff, Shelia Fitzgibbons