New in HIV and Aging
This page is updated on a quarterly basis with recent information, articles and policy issues. All previous updates and additional content can be found on the Resources page.
- Older Americans with HIV face a second pandemic in COVID-19 - Article from AMA about HIV and COVID, including a video regarding COVID-19 updates.
- COVID-19, Mental Health and Older Adults - Article from Hartford Institute for Geriatric Nursing about mental health and social isolation for older adults during COVID.
- Optimizing HIV Care for People Aging with HIV: Incorporating New Elements of Care - From HRSA’s Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program. This is a reference guide to identify commonly occurring health care and social needs of people aging with HIV and to highlight the screenings and assessments for these needs.
- Optimizing HIV care for people Aging with HIV: Putting Together the Best Health Care Team - From HRSA’s Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program. The purpose of this reference guide is to discuss how all members of the health care team can contribute to the care of people aging with HIV.
- Care of People Aging with HIV: Northeast/Caribbean AETC Toolkit - Toolkit designed for clinicians and other professionals who care for people aging with HIV. It provides links to screening and assessment instruments, along with programs and papers that offer clinically useful materials.
- Guidance for Addressing the Needs of Older Patients in HIV Care - Clinical guidelines for HIV Care in the domain of geriatrics.
- Supporting All Americans as We Age: #Decision2020 and Questions for Candidates - From the American Geriatrics Society, 8 questions to ask political candidates.
Upcoming Meetings and Conferences
- ANAC 2020 Virtual Conference - You can still register for the ANAC conference and view the sessions on demand until Dec. 31. Sessions include HIV and Aging.
- HIV & Aging: Mitochondria to the Metropolis - Virtual Conference from Emory University will be held April 15-16, 2021. Call for abstracts now open.