New in HIV and Aging
This page is updated on a quarterly basis with recent information, articles and policy issues. All previous updates and additional content can be found on the Resources page.
- The impact of COVID-19 on older adults - an article from Johns Hopkins University about the risks of COVID-19 on older adults
- The Impact of COVID-19 on older men with HIV - an article from letskickass.hiv about a new study that assesses the impact of COVID-19 on older men with HIV
- Evidence used to update the list of medical conditions that increase a person’s risk of severe illness from COVID-19 - HIV itself is not a listed underlying medical condition.
- National Council on Aging - information and resources about coronavirus for older adults
- ANAC COVID-19 Resources - Find the latest updates and webinars on COVID-19.
- JANAC offers many articles on HIV and Aging. You must be a member to log-in and access the articles.
- Cognitive Impairment Among Aging People Living With HIV on Antiretroviral Therapy (May/June 2020 issue)
- Effects of Supervised Exercise on Physical Health and Quality of Life Among Older Adults Living With HIV in Hong Kong (May/June 2020 issue)
- Psychosocial Correlates of Body Image and Lipodystrophy in Women Aging with HIV (March/April 2020 issue)
- Frailty in People Living with HIV - paper from National AIDS Treatment Advocacy Project (NATAP) discussing the effects of frailty on people living with HIV
- HIV and Aging podcast - current podcast about HIV and Aging from the John Hopkins School of Medicine (You must register and sign in to view.)
- LCAO letter for COVID-19 Package - The Leadership Council of Aging Organizations (LCOA) sent a letter to Congress to protect the health and well-being of older Americans and their families. The 3 major categories of need are housing and related services, income security issues, and health and community services.
Upcoming Meetings and Conferences
- Living and Aging with HIV During the COVID Pandemic: Fears, Facts and Resilience - This webinar has already occurred but if you missed it, you can register to view the recording.
- Graying of HIV: Virtual Webinar Series - View the recorded webinars for the seven sessions of the Graying of HIV Conference.
- Relief, Recovery & Resilience: HIV, Aging and COVID-19 - registration link for AIDS United’s webinar on HIV, Aging and COVID-19 on July 16