This page features links to evidenced-based resources on clinical, epidemiological and policy issues related to HIV and aging for nurses and other members of the healthcare team. It is periodically updated. For more information and suggestions contact email@example.com.
- Relief, Recovery & Resilience: HIV, Aging and COVID-19 - View the recorded webinar.
- The impact of COVID-19 on older adults
- The Impact of COVID-19 on older men with HIV
- Evidence used to update the list of medical conditions that increase a person’s risk of severe illness from COVID-19
- National Council on Aging
- ANAC COVID-19 Resources
- Living and Aging with HIV During the COVID Pandemic: Fears, Facts and Resilience - Register to view this recording
- JANAC offers many articles on HIV and Aging. You must be a member to log-in and access the articles.
- Cognitive Impairment Among Aging People Living With HIV on Antiretroviral Therapy (May/June 2020 issue)
- Effects of Supervised Exercise on Physical Health and Quality of Life Among Older Adults Living With HIV in Hong Kong (May/June 2020 issue)
- Psychosocial Correlates of Body Image and Lipodystrophy in Women Aging with HIV (March/April 2020 issue)
- Frailty in People Living with HIV
- HIV and Aging podcast
- Summary of quality care for people aging with HIV
- HIV and Aging: A primer for NPs
- National HIV Curriculum: HIV in Older Adults
- Gerontology organizational partners
- Gilead HIV Age Positively initiative
- JANAC special edition on HIV and Aging
- ANAC members have free access to all issues of JANAC. Log in to your ANAC account and follow the link to JANAC.
- Non-members can view the articles with pay-per-view access. For the price of purchasing two articles, you can join ANAC and receive full editions of JANAC six times per year and other benefits. Click here to learn more.
- HRSA newsletter: Aging with HIV - Care Challenges
- HIV.gov: Aging with HIV
- SAGE: HIV/AIDS Rights and Resources
- Press release, Nov. 12, 2019, Gerontology Society of America: Higher Education Holds Key to More Age-Friendly Society
- Protecting access to anti-retrovirals for Medicare recipients
- Proposed changes to Medicare Part D
- Grantmakers in Aging report - Aging Positively: Bringing HIV/AIDS into the Aging Services Mainstream
- Graying of HIV: Virtual Webinar Series - View the recorded webinars for the seven sessions of the Graying of HIV Conference.
- Disrupted sleep patterns in older adults living with HIV
- Cognitive training in adults with HIV-associated neurocognitive disorder
ANAC at USCA 2019
- ANAC USCA HIV and aging overview
- Bone and heart health
- Case studies
- Intimacy and sexuality
- Integrating geriatric assessments