ANAC fosters the professional development of nurses and others involved in the delivery of healthcare for persons at risk for, living with, and/or affected by the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and its co-morbidities. ANAC promotes the health, welfare and rights of people living with HIV around the world.
- Be a globally recognized association that is the preeminent source of nursing expertise related to all dimensions of HIV disease and its co-morbidities.
- Empower members to advocate for and with people living with HIV, promoting social awareness concerning issues related to HIV and co-morbidities, including the elimination of HIV stigma.
- Identify and respond to the diverse concerns of the global HIV workforce, particularly those in resource-limited settings.
- Promote and foster global nursing expertise that will lead advances in the clinical and research capacities of the healthcare workforce in resource-limited settings.
- Support members to hold leadership positions on boards of directors and other key positions in national and international organizations related to HIV and its co-morbidities.
- Promote and encourage membership in ANAC for nurses and others involved in the delivery of HIV-related healthcare.
- Support and promote HANCB certification as the globally recognized board certification in nursing care for people living with HIV and related co-morbidities.
- Be the globally recognized organization for networking, education, research and support for nurses and others involved in the delivery of HIV-related healthcare.
- Facilitate cutting-edge research in all aspects of HIV and its co-morbidities, and serve as mentors to novice researchers.
Inherent in this vision is the abiding commitment to the prevention of new HIV infections and the discovery of a cure.
Approved January 2018