tel: 800.260.6780 (toll free) • 330.670.0101 (phone) • fax: 330.670.0109 • email: firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2021 Association of Nurses in AIDS Care. All rights reserved.
ANAC2021 - Year of the Nurse: A Call to Action will be held Nov. 11-13, 2021 in Washington D.C. The conference will be held at the Renaissance Washington, D.C. Downtown Hotel. More information about hotel rates and reservations.
The ANAC annual conference is the leading conference for nurse practitioners and nurses working in HIV and its associated conditions, co-infections and co-morbidities. ANAC2021 will include expert speakers and abstract-driven presentations that focus on U.S. and global nursing and inter-professional HIV care and treatment, prevention and research.
To address the complexities of HIV care and prevention, our annual event brings together nurses, other members of the healthcare team, researchers, educators, policy experts, healthcare innovators and nursing students from across the country. Over the course of three days, we examine issues and learn the latest developments and advances through both abstract-driven sessions and highly acclaimed invited speakers.
1. Discuss innovative biomedical, psychosocial and behavioral research in HIV, with an emphasis on:
2. Describe innovations in HIV prevention and treatment that support the National HIV/AIDS Strategy and the Ending the Epidemic plan.
3. Illustrate the impact of nurses and other healthcare professionals in addressing HIV in global settings.
4. Build capacity of nurses and other healthcare professionals to effectively engage in advocacy and health policy for people affected by HIV.
5. Describe the impact of COVID-19 on nurses, healthcare, communities and people affected by HIV.
6. Examine inequities in HIV incidence and outcomes, healthcare or social determinants of health.
7. Identify the important roles of nurses and nurse leadership in the context of 2021 as the Year of the Nurse.
8. Enhance the capacity of nurses and other healthcare professionals to identify, treat, and care for people with and at risk for HIV.
The Association of Nurses in AIDS Care is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development
by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.