ANAC has redesigned the HIV+ Nurse Committee into a Health and Wellness Committee. If you are interested in joining this committee, please complete the Committee application.
- To enhance a culture of wellness among nurses and other members of the healthcare team
- To provide resources and tools to healthcare professionals to lead an overall healthy lifestyle
- To advocate for self-care - mental, physical and emotional - within the healthcare community
- Provide information, education and support usually on a one-on-one basis (not intended to serve as or replace legal counsel).
- Support for the integration of wellness and holistic strategies and approaches into HIV and related care.
- Promote the integration of wellness and holistic strategies into self care for nurses and other healthcare team members.
The health and wellness committee has compiled some resources and information to help nurses and other health care professionals take time for self-care. They recently held an online Yoga Nidra class that you can view here.
The committee meets quarterly by phone and as needed by email.
Chair: Donna Roberson
Members: Deborah Bowers, Julie Gumowski, Michelle Kohler, Angelo Seda, David Sterken
Board liaison: Jonah Pierce
ANAC Staff Member: Nakera Dumas