Health & Wellness Specialty Committee
ANAC has redesigned the HIV+ Nurse Committee into a Health and Wellness Committee.
- To enhance a culture of wellness among nurses and other members of the healthcare team
- To provide support, education & advocate for nurses and other health care team members living with HIV, Hepatitis, or TB.
- To reduce diagnosis related stigma within our own professions
- To act as professional peer support from one HIV-positive nurse to another.
- Provide information, education and support usually on a one-on-one basis (not intended to serve as or replace legal counsel).
- Support for the integration of wellness and holistic strategies and approaches into HIV and related care.
- Promote the integration of wellness and holistic strategies into self care for nurses and other healthcare team members.
Frequently asked questions for HIV-positive nursing students
The committee meets quarterly by phone and as needed by email.
Chair: Saul Diaz
Members: Rebecca Brotemarkle, David Sterken
Board liaison: Donna Roberson