Association of Nurses in AIDS Care - Nurse Educator
The Association of Nurses in AIDS Care (ANAC) has a position open for a Nurse Educator. This is a full-time position to lead ANAC educational efforts by developing and expanding educational and other programming services for ANAC members and the wider health care provider community and provide support and collaboration with related ANAC committees, affiliates and activities. This position reports to the Executive Director.
You’re an independent, autonomous self-starter who doesn’t wait to be told what to do. You have stellar organizational and analytical skills - you don’t let things fall through the cracks. You’re outgoing, a strong communicator, and you don’t hesitate to ask questions when you don’t know.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop a strategy for educational programming (content, delivery channels, audience) for ANAC members and other constituents that aligns with ANAC mission, values and strategic plan.
- Team with the Executive Director and Development staff in researching and responding to funding opportunities and partnerships to support educational programming that align with ANAC mission, values and strategic plan.
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of strategy, including educational efforts and programs. Examples include but are not limited to: webinars, online offerings, chapter meetings, publications and products such as white papers, tools & resource guides
- Identify and coordinate the efforts of ANAC content experts from membership to provide expertise to various components of the educational strategy and implementation plan.
- Develop and monitor budgets for components of the education strategy.
- Collaborate with the Communications/Marketing team to develop communications and web-based tools to support educational programming
- Supervise and mentor Program Manager.
- Provide staff support to assigned ANAC and other related ANAC affiliates and entities as assigned, including working remotely with nursing leaders who are committee and group chairs.
- Lead the ongoing recruitment of ANAC volunteers for above committees and onboarding of those selected.
- Serve as a member of the ANAC CNE team. Collaborate with ANAC CNE Director in expanding and streamlining the ANAC CNE program.
- Contribute to the development of programming for the ANAC annual conference. Occasional travel to ANAC chapters and other meetings as required (10-15%).
- A Bachelor’s degree in nursing (BSN). BSN with MSN or MPH preferred
- Minimum five years’ experience in developing and delivering health and/or nursing education and /or public health educational programming to professional audiences
- Strong project management and analytical skills with demonstrated ability to set priorities and meet competing deadlines
- Proficient in MS Word, Power Point, Excel, Social Media tools
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Knowledge and experience in aspects of nursing, inter-professional, public health, HIV or global health care
- Commitment to nursing, public health, human rights and global community.
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills
- Ability to support and coordinate the efforts and contributions of experienced and emerging ANAC content experts from varied nursing and related health & academic backgrounds
- Entrepreneurial spirit with genuine collaborative team abilities and approaches
What We Offer:
We offer a competitive salary along with a generous benefits package. The Nurse Educator may work remotely from home (within the U.S.) or at the ANAC office in Washington D.C. Regular meetings at the D.C. office will be required (required travel expenses are paid by the company). Candidates in the Eastern time zone will be given strong preference. No relocation or moving stipend is offered for this position.
How to Apply:
If this sounds like the right position for you, please submit the following material with your application here. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Cover letter explaining your interest in the position and why it makes sense as a next step in your career
- One recent professional writing sample
- The names of two professional references (they won’t be contacted until after an initial interview) -- at least one must be a former supervisor
Advertise job opportunities with ANAC
If you have a position available, advertise here and reach over 25,000 users who hit ANAC's website each month: