Job Title: Ryan White RN Medical Case Manager Location: Temple Hills, MD
The Medical Case Manager (MCM) blends the mission of AHF with Medical Case Management, utilizing their experience, skills and education together with a thorough understanding of the Ryan White Care Act Program within their specific area. With a caring and knowledgeable focus, you will work with our providers and healthcare center team so that every Ryan White patient receives the support they require and access to available resources. This will include providing education and assistance so that eligibility for the program is understood. Working directly within the Healthcare Center, you will meet with patients and complete Health Risk/Needs Assessments, develop Service/Action/Care Plans, and provide ongoing education to patients so that they understand their diagnoses and their medications. For Ryan White contracts that combine psychosocial needs within Medical Case Management, you will understand mental health needs and basic needs such as housing, food, and clothing and develop relationships with programs and agencies serving those needs and facilitate referrals, support and assistance for your patients who lack those services.
By utilizing your case management experience, you will meet our patients where they are, identify strengths and opportunities for growth and assist them with realistic goal setting. With your skills of collaboration and engagement, you will bring the essence of the Ryan White Care Act - the safety net for the uninsured HIV/AIDS patients - to our most vulnerable population. By establishing Health Risk/Needs Assessments, Action/Service/Care Plans, referrals and support, your work will directly contribute to AHF’s success in meeting the deliverables of our Ryan White contract. Beyond the scope of the contract, your work contributes measures established by the HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB) Measures and the Department of Health and Human Services.
The MCM is often the liaison between provider and patient and is able to facilitate the shift from leaving the exam room to implementing the optimum plan of care and putting it into action. Providing brief interventions focused on a long term achievable goal, the patient and the MCM work together each step of the way towards viral suppression, better health outcomes and quality of life.
We at AIDS Healthcare Foundation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
The Association of Nurses in AIDS Care (ANAC) seeks an experienced person that will support and expand services, outreach and communications to ANAC members and prospective members, support chapter development and operations, and provide support to related national ANAC committees.
This is a full-time position that will report directly to the ANAC Executive Director.
Job duties will include:
- Providing excellent customer service to ANAC members, prospective members and chapters
- Serving as the daily point person for membership and chapter inquiries and communications
- Developing and implementing a proactive chapter support strategy to strengthen existing chapters and facilitate the establishment of new chapters in the US and in targeted international sites
- Implementing and enhancing a value-based to increase visibility and satisfaction for members and prospective members
- Promoting membership growth through creative implementation of targeted and innovative strategies for US-based and global nurses and other healthcare team members
- Managing the membership database, including renewal processes and communications
- Managing membership benefits plans through regular review, evaluation and updates
- Collaborating with communications/marketing team to enhance member, chapter and other stakeholder communications
- Providing staff support to chapters committee, diversity committee and other related committees as assigned by working remotely with nursing leaders, who are committee chairs
- Managing the on-going recruitment of committee volunteers and on-boarding of those selected
- Developing and implementing proactive strategies to enhance committee function and engagement
- Collaborating with ANAC administration and nominating committee to support annual national elections
- Facilitating and coordinating committee and chapter activities at ANAC annual conference
- Occasional travel to ANAC chapters and other meetings as required (>10%)
Qualifications and desired skills
- Independent self-starter with organizational and analytical skills
- Proactive, can-do attitude and entrepreneurial spirit; follows through with job duties
- Strong oral, written and social media communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to support experienced and novice committee chairs from varied nursing and related health and academic backgrounds
- Knowledge and experience in aspects of association membership or other nonprofit membership organizations
- Commitment to nursing, public health, human rights and global community
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum five years’ experience in membership services, marketing/communications and/or related fields
- Strong project management and analytical skills with demonstrated ability to set priorities and meet competing deadlines
- Proficient in social media marketing, MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and membership management platforms
Please send cover letter and CV/resume to Erin Myers. No phone calls please.
Salary is competitive with a generous benefits package. The membership manager may work remotely from home (in the US) or at the ANAC office in Washington, DC or Philadelphia. There is no relocation or moving stipend provided.
Advertise job opportunities with ANAC
If you have a position available, advertise here and reach over 25,000 users who hit ANAC's website each month: