The mission of the Chapter Committee is to promote, create, and sustain chapters, Special-interest-groups (SIG’s), Chapters-in-formation (CIF). The committee is a liaison between the national office and the chapters.
• Provide support to chapters, SIG’s, CIF’s, by being available and providing networking for all
• Support chapters as needed to be compliant with national guidelines
• Be available to chapters as a resource and to assist with problems, etc.
• Assist chapters in development of chapter leaders.
• Support persons who are interested in forming chapters.
Description of Activities:
• Committee teleconference calls 4-5 times per year plus meeting at annual conference.
• Leadership meeting at annual conference prior to start of conference
• Committee member contact their assigned chapters on a regular basis to see how they are doing and if any assistance is needed. Committee members report back to the chair
• Chair sends out reminders, via email, for required paperwork to chapter presidents at least twice before due dates and if delinquent the chair and/or committee members contact the chapter presidents and offer assistance in timely reporting
• Chair assists problem chapters as needed
• Chair assists chapters-in-formation (CIF’s) to help them become chartered
• Chapter presidents or chapter BOD contact chair or committee liaison if there is a question/concern/problem in their chapter and chair assists as needed and/or the national office gets involved.
• Chair has an open communication with the national office
• Chair keeps committee and national office appraised of all chapters
• Chair submits quarterly report to the national BOD, as well as an annual report of the committee and chapter activities
Chair and Co-Chair: 5-20 hours per month during reporting months and teleconference month, 5-10 hours per month all other times
Committe Members: Approximately 30 min per month (not all months)
2013 Chair: Kathy Bell
2013 ANAC Board Liaison: Gwendolyn Childs
2013 Chapters Committee: Carol Cohen, Connie Highsmith
Reporting Requirements for Chapters
• October of the current year: Chapter Elections
• November 1st: ANAC Chapter Leadership List due to national office
• November: Leadership meeting at annual conference
• January 31st: Annual Report of Chapter Board of Directors
A. Chapter Compliance Self-Assessment
• March 1st: Late Reminder to Chapter Presidents and Chapter Board Members for incomplete annual reports
B. Signature Page
C. Chapter Treasurer’s Report
• April 1st: Recommendation of Charter Revocation
• June 15th: Chapter Recognition Award Submission Deadline