Association of Nurses in AIDS Care (ANAC) – Executive Director
Please send cover letter and salary expectations, resume/CV, three professional references, and a brief writing sample (for example a de-identified grant application or policy brief) via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email subject line should state: ANAC ED Application
Reporting to a 10-person Board of Directors, ANAC’s Executive Director will be responsible for working in close collaboration with the President, Officers, and Board to meet the organization’s mission and strategic goals, maintain fiscal stability, lead development and fundraising activities, provide member and chapter services, and oversee programs, conference, and policy initiatives. The ED will provide direction to the organization’s staff and consultants in operations, financial management, and constituent services, and serve as a spokesperson for the association. Core responsibilities include:
Administrative and Human Resources Management
- Provides strategic and operational direction in development, implementation, and operation of programs.
- Facilitates effective issue management.
- Oversees the implementation of strategic and development plans.
- Recruits, hires, and manages paid staff, interns, and volunteers.
- Identifies opportunities to utilize contractors and vendors and manages these engagements.
- Establishes and maintains organization policies and procedures.
In conjunction with the ANAC Treasurer and Finance Committee, the ANAC ED:
- Oversees and supports the development and implementation of fiscal and investment policies and guidelines.
- Makes recommendations to the Finance Committee for investment planning and decision-making.
- Develops annual and program budgets and revenue projections.
- Manages resources and monitors monthly financial activity.
- Prepares and distributes reports to Board of Directors.
Fundraising and Development
- Researches and pursues prospective funding opportunities to enhance revenue.
- Cultivates and sustains donor base.
- Oversees proposal and grant writing processes, as well as development and timely submission of related reports.
- Plans and executes donor events
Chapter Support and Member Engagement
- Develops domestic and global communication plans to engage ANAC members and promote collaboration between members and between chapters.
- Establishes membership development plans to retain existing and recruit new members.
- Supports local chapters through the development of chapter resources and the promotion of local membership, and serves in an advisory capacity for chapter leadership.
- Ensures the success of the annual ANAC Conference.
Advocacy, Education, and Policy Development
- Represents or identifies representatives from within ANAC who can participate in national and international policy forums and within other nursing or healthcare organizations.
- Engages ANAC membership in advocacy efforts and leverages member leaders as subject matter experts.
- Supports the Board in efforts to develop policy statements and to advance ANAC’s strategic plan.
- Develops programs to advance nursing education relative to HIV/AIDS treatment, prevention, and research.
Qualifications & Experience
The ideal candidate for this premier leadership position will demonstrate a strong awareness and understanding of current issues, trends, and policies in Public Health, Nursing, and HIV care/treatment/prevention. Further, the ANAC Executive Director should bring to this position a demonstrated expertise in providing visionary leadership. A hallmark of the ideal candidate is the ability to create a workplace and organizational environment of efficiency, innovation, and creativity, as well as a proficiency in responding rapidly to dynamic trends and challenges. Most significantly, the ANAC ED will be expected to continually foster diversity and cultural competency in all operations and programming, as well the capacity to foster transparency in all organizational processes.
- Advanced (graduate) degree (or equivalent experience) in Business Administration, Public Health, Nursing, Human Resources, Nonprofit Management, Education, Law, or comparable discipline.
- Minimum of five years of progressive leadership experience in nonprofit administration, public service, or comparable field, preferably with an LGBTQ organization, social justice organization, or national association.
- Minimum of 5 years HIV service experience with a strong understanding of current issues in HIV treatment, care, prevention, and policy.
- Prior experience managing budgets, P&Ls, and nonprofit finance.
- An understanding of government grants and contracts.
- Experience working effectively with a nonprofit Board.
- Knowledge of marketing and communications strategies used to build brand awareness, increase organizational visibility, and deliver effective messaging.
- Registered Nurse.
- ANAC membership with familiarity and understanding of ANAC organizational structure and processes.
- Experience with HIV or other health care arena legislative/policy/advocacy, including demonstrated experience in writing and delivering governmental testimony, as well as familiarity with legislative processes.
- Familiarity with, and membership in, comparable professional Nursing, Public Health, and/or HIV organizations.
- Familiarity with volunteer mobilization and oversight.
We are seeking a critical thinker with dynamic presentation skills. She/he/they will have exceptional interpersonal skills and will enjoy coaching individuals and organizations to increased capacity. The ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge of the history and public policy issues facing LGBTQ and HIV-affected communities.
- Superior written and oral communication and public speaking experience.
- Strong relationship-building skills including a track record of success in fostering collaboration and strengthening networks.
- An approachable, collaborative, and transparent leadership style.
- Belief in the societal benefits of diversity and inclusion, and a commitment to social justice.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities with proficiency in meeting critical deadlines.
- Willingness to travel frequently (approximately 20%).
The ideal candidate will work out of ANAC’s Washington, DC office. ANAC will consider candidates who propose telecommuting with travel to the Washington, DC and Akron, OH offices as required. NOTE: ANAC is in the process of selling the Akron, OH facility.
ANAC offers a competitive compensation package for this position with medical insurance and 403b retirement plans and generous vacation and paid leave.
Review of applications will begin on Monday, Feb. 20. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Nurse Practitioner (NP) – Ryan White Program
Join Mary Washington Healthcare, one of Virginia’s fastest growing healthcare systems and the region’s premier healthcare provider. Our regional medical system includes two state-of-the-art hospitals – Mary Washington Hospital, a Magnet-designated, Level II Trauma Center and Stafford Hospital.
We are seeking an experienced Nurse Practitioner to provide clinical services to the appropriate program patients in the outpatient setting for the Ryan White Program. This NP will collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to provide HIV primary care services to our HIV positive patients, including medical assessment, diagnosis, treatment, referral and follow-up.
Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin – located in Milwaukee, WI has a career opportunity for a Case Management Nurse (HIV) which will serve children, youth, young adults, adults and pregnant women with HIV infection.
Collaborates with multiple providers working closely with the HIV specialty physician, HIV social worker, HIV multi-disciplinary care team, and community providers to assess needs, plan, and implement care to patients. Serves as a recognized expert in the care of patients with HIV and as a consultant to health care providers within CHW and the community.
Requires BSN Nursing, RN licensure and interest in a community based position including home visits.
For additional information and to apply please visit website: www.CHW.org/careers
Primary Health Care, Inc. is actively seeking an HIV Clinical Director responsible for providing primary patient care services and HIV related healthcare in Des Moines, Iowa.
Serves as the clinical director of the HIV program. Obtains medical histories and performs complete and/or appropriate examination, orders laboratory tests, x-rays and treatment programs (Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner performs their duties under the supervision of a Staff Physician) in an assigned area for patients of all ages.
Contact: Rachael Miller at email@example.com
Advertise job opportunities with ANAC
If you have a position available, advertise here and reach over 25,000 users who hit ANAC's website each month: