Nurse Practitioner (Research), University of Illinois at Chicago
Project WISH in the Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, at the University of Illinois at Chicago is seeking a Nurse Practitioner with expertise in infectious diseases.
Project WISH is a clinical research site of the Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases. Since 1995, Project WISH has been at the leading edge of HIV and STD prevention and vaccine research, conducting large and small federally-funded and industry sponsored clinical trials and basic science research. Project WISH is also a gateway to primary care for research participants.
We are currently accepting applications for a Nurse Practitioner position. We are seeking a full-time clinician who will provide research and clinical support for multiple clinical studies in our fast-paced, client-friendly, non-traditional research clinic located on the campus of the University of Illinois Hospital and Health Sciences System. Applicants should be able to work independently and as part of a team, communicate effectively with members of diverse populations, and collaborate with other researchers to ensure high-quality participant care and data integrity. We are looking for a self-starter who is motivated to work in a diverse research environment.
The Nurse Practitioner provides direct clinical support for multiple research protocols. In collaboration with the Clinic Coordinators and other research coordinators, the Nurse Practitioner will coordinate studies, conduct study visits, collect data, perform physical exams and other health assessments, assess individuals’ eligibility for specific study protocols, assess and diagnose sexually transmitted infections and prescribe treatment, monitor participant safety, and perform other research related tasks. The Nurse Practitioner is a hybrid nursing role that combines the skills of the community health nurse with those of the clinical nurse practitioner, study coordinator, and the nurse researcher. This position is full-time with weekday shifts; very limited evening or weekend hours are negotiable.
- Provide clinical support for multiple vaccine, immunity, and treatment research protocols including recruitment, retention, protocol adherence, and safety monitoring.
- Design recruiting strategies, recruit research participants, obtain informed consent, and collaborate with PI to determine subject eligibility.
- Collect and report data, document findings on case report forms (CRF’s)
- Complete and maintain Institutional Review Board (IRB) training for the protection of human subjects, Blood Borne Pathogen (BBP) training, Good Clinical Practices (GCP), and other training.
- Assist in planning, organizing, and implementing new research protocols and attend regular staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Conduct health assessment including physical examination and medical history and electro-cardiogram (ECG) testing.
- Perform various diagnostic, preventive and/or therapeutic procedures and/or order special screenings and/or laboratory tests to diagnose STIs according to research protocols; interpret results.
- 3Prescribe/order appropriate interventions and develop a treatment plan.
- Collect and process protocol-required specimens.
- Perform basic microscopy. Detect and treat common sexually transmitted infections.
- Administer experimental and therapeutic agents per protocol.
- Provide client-centered risk reduction counseling and timely referrals and linkage to care services.
- Collaborate with healthcare team to provide appropriate primary care.
- Help to maintain emergency equipment, restock medications and clinical supplies.
- Perform any related tasks, functions, and professional responsibilities within the scope of the Illinois Nurse Practice Act (225 IL CS 65) and Nursing Profession.
- Master’s degree in Nursing or Doctorate degree in Nursing
- Licensed as a Nurse Practitioner in the State of Illinois
- 2 years of clinical research experience in HIV, Infectious Diseases, or related
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
For fullest consideration please apply online at: https://jobs.uic.edu/job-board/job-details?jobID=63850&job=visiting-nurse-practitioner-research-department-of-medicine-division-of-infectious-diseases
Questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Part-time NP for primary care HIV clinic in Chicago. Located on the near southside of Chicago, we provide primary care to individuals living with, and at risk for, HIV and hepatitis. Excellent multi-disciplinary team. Job description and link to upload resume/CV and cover letter http://www.hektoen.org/job/nurse-practitioner/.
Questions, please call Norma Rolfsen 312 791 3455.
BPC - Research Nurse, New York, Full-Time
The Bronx Prevention Center, part of ICAP at Columbia University, is a Clinical Research Site (CRS) within the NIH-funded AIDS Clinical Trials Unit at Columbia University. Located in a clinical office on East 158th Street in the Bronx, the site has over ten years of experience conducting phase 1 and 2 and observational HIV prevention clinical trials.
The Research Nurse will assist with grant-funded HIV prevention clinical research studies, including a study of the safety and efficacy of a monoclonal antibody in preventing HIV infections in men who have sex with men and transgender individuals.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Site Clinician, the Research Nurse will perform phlebotomy, IV placement, obtain informed consent, and assist with other HIV prevention clinical trials as needed. Over the course of the study, responsibilities will shift to reflect the phase of the study. The Research Nurse will also implement the quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) plans for the Bronx Prevention Center.
This position is grant funded. LOCATION: East 158th Street, Bronx, NY
- Conduct HIV counseling and testing, informed consent, phlebotomy, assist with medical exams, and complete study documentation.
- Insert IV’s, start infusions, monitor infusions and complete infusions of the study product per study protocol procedures.
- Set up examination rooms and instruments in accordance with protocol needs and proper sterilization techniques
- Identify and report to the study clinicians any adverse events that are noticed and/or reported by study participants.
- Implement study-specific QA plans
- Check source documentation and case report forms for completion and accuracy, and correct data errors when present.
- Assist with preparation for any monitoring visits; address QC queries and respond to QC items on periodic QC reports from sponsor.
- Maintain confidentiality of study participants and adhere to principles of Human Subjects Protection (HSP) and Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP).
- Assist with designated aspects of the study including ensuring site compliance with study protocols, all relevant procedures, policies and regulations. Understand and adhere to study protocols, and other appropriate regulations, procedures and policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Occasional domestic travel to research training and meetings (1-2 times per year, approximately 3 days each)
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing and graduation from an accredited Nursing program.
- Current New York State RN license.
Experience, Skills & Minimum Required Qualifications
- 5+ years of clinical experience as a nurse
- 2+ years of research experience with clinical trials
- Demonstrated experience in QA management
- Demonstrated experience with phlebotomy, intravenous line placement, administering infusions, and familiarity with lab procedures
- Current BLS certification
- Demonstrated experience organizing and managing disparate work flows to meet organizational schedules and requirements
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
Experience, Skills & Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience working with populations at elevated risk of HIV acquisition, such as men who have sex with men and transgender individuals
- Spanish language skills
To apply, please click on link below (or copy and paste) onto your web browser.
Positive Healthcare, AIDS Healthcare Foundation's Managed Care Division, has provided people living with HIV quality health care since 1995 when it started the nation's first Medicaid health plan for HIV-positive people living in Los Angeles. Today, Positive Healthcare cares for more than 7,000 lives in California and Florida.
PHP (HMO SNP)
PHP is a Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug health plan specifically for Medicare beneficiaries who are living with HIV and reside in Duval, Broward and Miami-Dade Counties.
PHP is the first HIV-specific special needs health plan approved by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). This plan covers routine doctor and specialist office visits, emergency and urgent care, hospitalization, and more. It also includes a prescription drug benefit for no monthly premium.
PHC Florida is a Medicaid managed care plan designed specifically for HIV-positive individuals who are eligible for Medicaid and live in Broward, Miami-Dade and Monroe Counties. PHC Florida is a Managed Medical Assitance (MMA) plan offered through Florida's statewide Medicaid Managed Care Program
The Quality Improvement Manager is responsible for all quality of care complaints and grievances including timely processing, tracking data and analysis and presentation of outcomes and improvement efforts around trending issues. The Quality Improvement Manager also handles all internal potential quality improvement issues, root cause analysis and or other assigned investigations.
This position assist the organization by leading or participating projects and clinical programs designed to make care safer, promote effective coordination of care, promote preventive care, help communities support better health, reduce costs of care through utilization management, and promote person-centered care. This position is responsible for coordinating and implementing a broad range of collaborative activities among private and public entities to improve health and health care for all Medicare beneficiaries, Medicaid recipients/enrollees, Ryan White Grant clients, other third party payer clients and AHF Healthcare Centers nationwide.
- Quality and Performance Improvement
- Manages, completes and submits required analyses and reports to meet regulatory and accreditation requirements (e.g., Grievances, HEDIS, UM/CM Dashboard).
- Coordinates activities of internal departments, external partners, and external vendors for quality analysis and reporting.
- Collaborates with health care providers to develop and implement interventions designed to promote health and wellness and improve organizational performance based on trended results of data from Grievances and UM/CM.
- Provides technical support to the organization that includes but is not limited to: designing process maps, performing gap analysis, conducting root cause analysis, directing implementation of interventions, identifying and overcoming barriers, and instigating organizational culture change.
- Builds sustainable relationships with internal and external customers, utilizing knowledge and skills to provide references.
- Performs the functions required and maintains certification as the Facility Site Review Nurse.
- Prepares supporting documentation for accreditation, audits and surveys.
- Communicates/consults with healthcare providers to assist with advancing their quality improvement objectives.
- Communicates and works well on tasks with ancillary and ad hoc team members, partners and stakeholders to plan, facilitate, and execute improvement activities.
- Remains current and knowledgeable about new initiatives, including the healthcare environment, activities, tools, and techniques through research, training, education, and a variety of nationally recognized sources.
- Routinely, accurately and concisely, documents and reports on project status, onsite visit activities, provider activities, and barriers/solutions using appropriate company and/or reporting tools and databases.
- Collaborates with written reports, proposals, and project budgets.
Participation in AHF Meetings/Committees:
- Leads Risk Management Committee.
- Attends Quality Management Committees
- Attends AHF meetings as assigned.
- Attends community meetings as assigned.
- Supervises the Grievance Process and Facility Site Reviews.
- Must have exceptionally strong computer skills particularly in Microsoft Excel and preferably Microsoft Access.
- Must be competent at Microsoft PowerPoint and in presenting detail information succinctly.
- Experience with an EHR system preferred.
- Must be a self-starter, data-driven, process-oriented and an excellent communicator.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ). If not certified, will obtain certification within 15 months of hire.
Registered Nurse in State of Employment.
We at AIDS Healthcare Foundation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Project Transitions Patient Care Coordinator Austin, Texas
Special medical care facility for persons with HIV needing recuperative or end of life care and medical case management. Must have RN degree and current license to practice in Texas. Experience with HIV disease. Pluses: experience with co-occurring substance abuse/mental health diagnosis.
Advertise job opportunities with ANAC
If you have a position available, advertise here and reach over 25,000 users who hit ANAC's website each month: