Research Clinician - Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant-New York, NY * Full Time
At New York Blood Center, one of the most comprehensive blood centers in the world, our focus is on cultivating excellence by merging cutting-edge innovation with diligent customer service, groundbreaking research, and comprehensive program and service development. Join us as we work towards meeting and exceeding the growing needs of our diverse communities, further our lifesaving strategic goals in a rapidly changing environment, and expand our impact on the local, national, and global communities we serve.
In this role, you will be responsible for multiple research protocols including HIV vaccine studies and other prevention protocols. This position will also include performing all aspects of the study protocol process and procedures.
- Performing all aspects of research protocols including informed consent, physical exams, medical history, phlebotomy, peripheral intravenous catheter placement, and administration of study products including but not limited to intramuscular and subcutaneous injections and intravenous infusions while adhering to study protocol and Good Clinical Practices (GCP).
- Determining eligibility of screened study participants through physical exam, medical history, laboratory results and other research procedures.
- Assessing and managing reactions to study products and adverse events utilizing clinical judgment and experience while following proper adverse event and safety reporting requirements under supervision from the study physician/Principal Investigator.
- Counseling research participants about HIV/AIDS and sexually transmitted infections, and conduct testing for HIV and sexually transmitted infections.
- Conducting structured interviews with research study participants on medical and behavioral issues.
- Performing phlebotomy, inserting peripheral intravenous catheters, and collect other specimens.
- Serving as a resource for non-clinical staff.
- Maintaining records and complete study-related case report forms and source documentation per protocol requirements.
- Maintaining confidentiality of study participants and adhering to principles of Human Subjects Protection (HSP) and Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP)
- Participating in quality assurance activities in collaboration with the site’s Data Management staff and the network’s Statistical and Data Management Center.
- Adhering to study protocols, and other appropriate regulations, procedures and policies.
- Wiring and signing study specific prescription and corresponding New York State prescription for study drugs.
The ideal candidate will have a NYS Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant license and a NYS DEA license. A Bachelor’s degree in a related field and HIV/AIDS and infectious disease clinical and/or research experience is preferred. Prior experience with phlebotomy and peripheral intravenous catheter placement for infusions is preferred. Knowledge of infectious diseases tested and other medical issues will be expected. Superior oral/written communication, multitasking, problem solving, and PC skills are all essential.
We offer a competitive salary, dynamic work atmosphere, and a comprehensive benefits package. For immediate consideration, please apply online at:
NEW YORK BLOOD CENTER www.nybloodcenter.org EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Nurse Practitioner (Research, part-time), Boston Medical Center
We are seeking a nurse practitioner to perform High Resolution Anoscopy (HRA) and provide clinical research support for the ANCHOR Study: Anal Cancer/HSIL Outcomes Research Study and other anal cancer studies conducted in the Anoscopy clinic in the Center for Infectious Disease at Boston Medical Center (BMC). Our center is the Boston core site of the NIH-funded AIDS Malignancy Consortium (AMC).
While HRA experience is preferred, we recognize that few clinicians are certified in HRA; therefore we would train and certify a willing, committed nurse practitioner. The training consists of didactic course instruction, observation of experienced clinicians, conducting HRA procedures under close supervision and independently when skills permit.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Site Clinician, the Nurse Practitioner provides direct clinical support for the research protocols. In collaboration with the clinic and research coordinators, the Nurse Practitioner will conduct study visits, collect data, perform physical exams, HRA (once certified) and other health assessments, assess individuals’ eligibility for specific study protocols, assess and diagnose sexually transmitted infections and prescribe treatment, monitor participant safety, and perform other research and clinical related tasks.
Applicants should be able to work independently and as part of a team, communicate effectively with members of diverse populations, and collaborate with other researchers to ensure high-quality participant care and data integrity. We are looking for a self-starter who is motivated to work in a diverse research environment.
Provide clinical support for research protocols including recruitment, retention, protocol adherence, and safety monitoring.
Identify and report to the study clinicians any adverse events that are noticed and/or reported by study participants.
Implement study-specific QA plans
Check source documentation and case report forms for completion and accuracy, and correct data errors when present.
Assist with preparation for any monitoring visits; address QC queries and respond to QC items on periodic QC reports from sponsor.
Collect and report data, document findings on case report forms (CRF’s) Check source documentation and case report forms for completion and accuracy, and correct data errors when present.
Complete and maintain Institutional Review Board (IRB) training for the protection of human subjects, Blood Borne Pathogen (BBP) training, Good Clinical Practices (GCP), and other training.
Assist in planning, organizing, and implementing new research protocols and attend regular staff meetings.
Other duties as assigned.
Conduct health assessment including physical examination and medical history
Perform HRA procedures and patient visits for non-research and research patients; interpret results.
Prescribe/order appropriate interventions and develop a treatment plan.
Collect and process protocol-required specimens.
Administer experimental and therapeutic agents for clinical care
Provide client-centered risk reduction counseling and timely referrals and linkage to care services.
Collaborate with healthcare team to provide appropriate primary care.
Help to maintain emergency equipment, restock medications and clinical supplies.
Perform any related tasks, functions, and professional responsibilities within the scope of the Massachusetts Nursing Profession.
Master’s degree in Nursing or Doctorate degree in Nursing
Licensed as a Nurse Practitioner in the State of Massachusetts
2 years of clinical or research experience in HIV, Infectious Diseases, or related field
At least 2 years of clinical experience
For fullest consideration please apply online at http://www.bmc.org/about/careers.htm
Questions, please contact Rose.Phanmalai@bmc.org
Boston Medical Center may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
INTERNATIONAL NURSE EDUCATOR
The Global Health Service Partnership is accepting applications from nurses interested in serving as visiting faculty at medical and nursing schools in Liberia, Malawi, Swaziland, Tanzania and Uganda. GHSP is an opportunity to make a lasting impact in strengthening health care delivery in resource-limited settings. By helping train the next generation of local nurses, GHSP Nurse Educators make a sustainable investment in improving health outcomes in areas with the greatest need.
Volunteers are deployed for one-year assignments beginning in July 2017. Nurse applicants must have a BSN and at least three years of clinical experience (advanced degrees and specialized board certification are preferred). All applicants must be U.S. citizens and have an active RN license.
GHSP is a Peace Corps Response program, which offers high-impact assignments for qualified professionals. Benefits for volunteers include transportation to and from country of service, monthly living stipends, housing, comprehensive medical care, a readjustment allowance, and paid vacation days. Seed Global Health offers debt repayment awards of up to $30,000 for qualified volunteers.
Applications close November 25, 2016. To apply, go to: http://seedglobalhealth.org/apply
Advertise job opportunities with ANAC
If you have a position available, advertise here and reach over 25,000 users who hit ANAC's website each month: