ANAC's Envisioned Future
Approved July 1, 2004; Reaffirmed February 19, 2006
Become a globally recognized association that is the preeminent source of nursing expertise related to all dimension of HIV disease.
- Persons living with HIV worldwide enjoy a longer, more productive and more satisfying quality of life.
- Globally, people living with HIV disease are receiving excellent care with improved outcomes.
- Policymakers request advice and expertise of ANAC.
- Internationally, governments request the expertise of ANAC.
- World leaders/health organizations turn to ANAC to provide comprehensive education and training.
- ANAC members are key players worldwide in the elimination of HIV stigma.
- ANAC participates in the education of nurses from resource-challenged countries, assisting them to provide quality HIV care.
- ANAC, in collaboration with international partners, sets the standard for HIV curricula worldwide.
- ANAC has positions on the boards of national and international organizations related to HIV.
- ANAC publications are the preeminent resource for HIV nursing/patient care worldwide.
- All nurses involved in any dimension of HIV care are members of ANAC.
- HIV-specialty nurses are certified in HIV nursing.
- Nurses worldwide view ANAC as an essential organization to join for networking, education, and support; they perceive value in membership.
- ANAC members are conducting leading edge research in all aspects of HIV disease, and serve as mentors to novice researchers.