Dr. Patrick Kenny Certified HIV Nurse of the Year
The Dr. Patrick Kenny Certified HIV Nurse of the Year is a prestigious award intended to recognize an ACRN or AACRN who exemplifies excellence in HIV/AIDS nursing and advances the mission of the HIV/AIDS Nursing Certification Board. This award is in memory of Dr. Patrick Kenny who was a longtime member of the HANCB Board and served our organization as a leader in many ways. Patrick was a champion of HANCB, ANAC and all nurses and had a long and distinguished career in nursing education. Each year, the winner is recognized at the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care (ANAC) annual conference award ceremony.
To be considered for this award, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Currently certified as an ACRN or AACRN
- ANAC member
- Demonstrated excellence in HIV/AIDS nursing
- Demonstrated leadership in ANAC or HANCB, or excellence as an HIV/AIDS nurse
- Demonstrated involvement in HIV/AIDS community activities
- Fostered advancement of ACRNs and AACRNs by sharing expertise
Nominations for 2021 will open soon.
Nursing Certification Board
Nominate yourself or an ACRN/AACRN colleague to join the HIV/AIDS Nursing Certification Board and become influential in shaping the practice of HIV/AIDS nursing around the world.
To be considered, candidates must be:
- An ACRN or AACRN
- Committed to fostering excellence in HIV/AIDS nursing through certification
- Willing to volunteer approximately four to six hours per month to HANCB-related activities (quarterly conference calls, recertification audits, etc.)
- Committed to attending the annual HANCB board meeting and participating in HANCB-related meetings and activities at the ANAC annual conference
We are currently accepting nominations for the following positions:
- One (1) president-elect: President-elect will serve two (2) years as president-elect and two (2) years as president.
- Two (2) directors-at-large: Directors serve for three (3) years.
Nominations close July 31. For general information about serving on the HANCB board, please contact Lynda at firstname.lastname@example.org.