Treatment & Adherence
Treatment & Adherence
- Adult and Adolescent Treatment Guidelines
- AIDS Info Treatment Guidelines - A service of the US Department of Health and Human Services
- A Guide to the Clinical Care of Women with HIV/AIDS, 2005 ed.
- A Guide to Primary Care for People with HIV/AIDS, 2004 ed.
- Carter's Index of AIDS Treatments - A series of category indices to current treatment including nutrients/vitamins, antiviral agents, cytokines/antibodies, cellular therapies, and AIDS vaccines; is a subpage of the AIDS Research Information Center: Medical Information Library
- HIV Guide: Medical Management of HIV - The 2007 version of Medical Management of HIV Infection serves as the standard of care for the Johns Hopkins AIDS Service; includes chapters Natural History and Classification, Laboratory Tests, Disease Prevention: Prophylactic Antimicrobial Agents and Vaccines, Antiretroviral Therapy, Management of Opportunistic Infections and Miscellaneous Conditions, Drugs, Guide to Information and Systems Review
- HIV Practice Guidelines - World Wide Web links to full text documents for the US federal and other agency guidelines; treatment topics include adult and adolescent, pediatric and perinatal medicine, exposure, counseling, opportunistic diseases and tuberculosis; maintained by the HIV Medicine Association
- Institute of Human Virology Nigeria--An affiliate of University of Maryland, Baltimore's Institute of Human Virology, that provides capacity building, training, mentoring and direct clinical oversight for HIV/AIDS and related services in Nigeria. Other activities include research, curriculum development, Lab QA, fellowship programs etc.
- MedActionPlan.com - A free web-based program that allows healthcare providers to create personalized medication schedules for the patient in Spanish or English. MedActionPlan includes images of pills, special instructions, appointment reminders, patient education and checklists all designed to improve adherence.
- MyMedSchedule.com - A free web-based program for individuals, caregivers, pharmacies and Doctors that is a medication schedule and reminder. MyMedSchedule.com clearly shows, complete with pill images, what times and quantities should be taken for each medicine or supplement. This is great to carry with you for all of your Doctor and Dentist visits. In addition, you can set up refill and medication reminders via text message or email.
- National AIDS Treatment Advocacy Project
- Pediatric Treatment Guidelines
- Perinatal Treatment Guidelines
- Physicians Research Network
- Prevention of Opportunistic Infections Guidelines
- Project Inform
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases Treatment Guidelines
- Treatment of Opportunistic Infections Guidelines
- Treatment Strategies - AIDS - A print report and eBook from the Cambridge Research Centre that aims to inform and educate clinicians, healthcare practitioners and nurses with a series of thought-provoking, comprehensive and well-balanced articles by key opimiom leaders.
- Tuberculosis Treatment Guidelines
To add a new resource or web link to this section, please click here.